This here is my little sandbox – a playground that I use as a site of experimentation for exploring #opensource tools and modes of presentation for #openscience and #openeducation… in short: to test what works for me, and what doesn’t. Much of that involves toying around with Grav, WordPress, H5P, and other stuff…
“Me” in this particular case is Tobias Steiner. I have studied in Hamburg and London and hold an MA in Television Studies from Birkbeck, University of London. Between 2013 and 2019, I’ve been working as a research fellow in the fields of open source, open science and open education at Universität Hamburg. As of February 2020, I have now joined the COPIM project (short for “Community-led Open Publication Infrastructures for Monographs”) as a project manager.
I consider myself a traveler between the worlds of advocacy for Openness in its many facets, mixed with a little bit of project management (see work experience), and a distinct dash of Cultural and Media Studies as academic background – the field in which I’ve pursued a part-time PhD for more than five years, but ultimately decided to quit in the early months of 2018 due to personal reasons.
My list of publications reflects this perceived multiplicity of areas, with blog posts, articles and book chapters ranging from questions of authorship in Game of Thrones, over transnational renegotiations of Nordic Noir (in print), to a variety of thoughts and musings from the intersection of Open Education, Open Source, Open Publishing, Open Science and Open Scholarship.
If you want to find out more about what I do, why not briefly pay a visit to the following sites & communities – it’s very likely that you’ll find me there in one way or the other 🙂
- My ORCiD: 0000-0002-3158-3136
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Twitter: @cmplxtv_studies
- My Zotero library
- OATP TagTeam feed: https://tagteam.harvard.edu/hubs/oatp/user/flavoursofopenscience
- and a dedicated blog for H5P-related stuff, workshop & presentation material, timelines, etc. … : blog.flavoursofopen.science
If you want to send me a few lines about the current (non-)state of things or on any other subject / matter, please do get in touch via email: info-at-flavoursofopen.science
Header image by Philipp Deus on Unsplash.
- scholar-led initiatives: History and recent examples from Cultural and Media Studies
- Experimenting with Twitter data and Google Sheets via TAGSExplorer
- Community-run open source tools for video, text, and code collaboration
- Teaching practices & values of Open Science and Scholarship needs open infrastructure!
- What do we talk about when we talk about “Open”? On Education, Science, Research, and Open Scholarship